Pyxis Tankers expands bulker fleet with kamsarmax buy

news-details

Greek owner Pyxis Tankers has entered into a definitive agreement with an unaffiliated third party to purchase a 2015-built, 82,013 dwt dry bulk vessel.

The kamsarmax, built by Jiangsu New Yangzi Shipbuilding and fitted with a ballast water treatment system and scrubber, has a purchase price of $26.6m. Pyxis didn’t reveal the name of the seller and the vessel.

The Nasdaq-listed company said that it would fund the acquisition by a combination of bank debt and cash. It is anticipated that the acquisition, which is subject to customary closing conditions, will be completed by February 2024.

Until the summer, Pyxis Tankers was a product tanker pure-play but it then moved into the dry bulk sector in a joint venture with its chairman and chief executive Valentios Valentis.

The company then bought a 2016 Japanese-built 63,520 dwt scrubber-fitted ultramax for about $28.5m. Pyxis Tankers owns 60% of the JV with Valentis holding the remaining 40%.
Source: Splash247 
#theshippingtribune #latestnews #shippingnews #dailynews  
 

Banners